The Accelerated Bachelor/MPP Program is available to students from all undergraduate majors at the University of Virginia. Students typically apply for admission in their third year. Applicants must demonstrate that they will have earned at least 90 undergraduate credits before the start of their fourth year.
Second year students who anticipate having 90 undergraduate credits before the start of their third year should contact the Admissions Team at FBSAdmissions@virginia.edu or 434.924.3477. They may be eligible to apply in their second year.
Bag Love Moschino Leather Shoulder Black Synthetic Applicants are required (prior to enrollment in the Accelerated Bachelor/MPP Program) to have passed:
ECON 2010, and
Moschino Love Shoulder Leather Synthetic Bag Black One (1) of the following math courses: MATH 1190 – A Survey of Calculus 1 with Algebra, Math 1210 - A Survey of Calculus I; MATH 1310 – Calculus I; APMA 1090 – Single Variable Calculus I; or any more advanced calculus course.
The Math prerequisites can be fulfilled through either coursework or AP credit.
Application deadline - January 18, 2019
Decisions released - February 15, 2019
Decision deadline - February 22, 2019
Academic Program* - February 26, 2019 - Garrett Hall’s Great Hall - 5-6:00pm
Admitted Students Weekend - Friday and Saturday, March 22 & 23, 2019
*Academic Program is for the newly admitted accel/MPP Class of 2021
All application materials for admission must be submitted by the corresponding deadline by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
What you’ll need to apply
The following items will be collected through the online application:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae. You will be prompted to upload this document in the application system. A Word or PDF document is fine.
- Three (3) Mandatory Essays:
- What is the motivation behind your decision to study policy? What work, activity, or educational experience has best equipped you for graduate studies in leadership and public policy? Please describe how this experience has impacted your personal growth. (Please limit your answer to 500 words.)
- Describe a time when you faced a significant failure or setback in something you were trying to accomplish and how you dealt with it. (Please limit your answer to 250 words.)
- Describe a time when you were part of a team or group that had to cooperate to accomplish a task. What happened and how did the team approach the task? (Please limit your answer to 250 words.)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation. You are required to submit two letters of recommendation. Your recommenders must submit their letters of recommendation via this online application module. When Batten receives your letters of recommendations, you will be notified by email.
- Unofficial SAT or ACT scores must be reported via the online application.
Application Addendum (OPTIONAL). There is no penalty for not submitting an application addendum! However, some applicants may have additional information that would be useful for the admissions committee. Feel free to amplify the positive dimensions of your background that are not covered in other parts of this application. Similarly, you may wish to put some seemingly negative information in your application into context for the admissions committee. Please format this application addendum as a letter to the admissions committee, not to exceed one page.
- Unofficial Transcripts. Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded directly to your online application. Should you gain acceptance to the MPP program, an official transcript will be requested at that time.
- $75 Non-Refundable Application Fee. You may pay your application fee via credit card at the time you submit your application. For questions about payment, or if you believe you qualify for an application fee waiver, please call Patti Edson at 434-982-2583.
- In-State Tuition Status. If you believe you qualify for in-state Virginian status, you must apply directly with UVA’s Provost Office using the following link. Go to the Applications tab and choose Batten School of Leadership & Public Policy and follow the submission guidelines on the form. If you have any questions, please direct them to the contact listed on the form. The Provost’s Office will be in communication with the Batten School once they have reviewed your residency application.
Additionally, all supplemental materials (e.g. unofficial transcripts and recommendations) must be submitted by the date of the official deadline. Your application may be completed online and submitted electronically once you have answered all the required questions. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting – you may access your application and change your answers as many times as you like. To do that, use the Username and Password that you created when you first completed the Interest Page and/or started your application.